Wednesday, July 21, 2010

LOVE Needlepoint

Okay, I admit that I love needlepoint but this is actually a "LOVE" needlepoint.  I used my Alphabet Series letters to chart out "LOVE" on 18 count canvas.  I stitched it with a wonderful chocolate Rainbow Gallery Petite Very Velvet and 4 shades of overdyed cottons.  I love the contrast in fibers, the fuzzy Very Velvet creates kind of a valley for the overdyed cottons to fit into.  It's actual size is about 16" by 16" and it will make a wonderful pillow.  I've found the perfect shade of faux suede to back it with and am searching for the correct size feather pillow insert. 
 If you haven't guessed, I am really happy with how this came out, next, I am going to paint our last name and do a long pillow for the family room.
I have a couple other needlepoint pieces that I need to finish as pillows as well.  The first is by Birds of a Feather, it has a companion canvas with a pink background that I can't wait to start stitching.The next is a celtic inspired design that came with the neat clay button centerpiece.  The counting on this drove me batty but it was worth the effort. And, last but not least, this cute little frog, a freebie design, soon to be finished as a scissor fob.  Did I mention that I love needlepoint?  :) 
 Before I go, I want to thank you for your comments on my last post and welcome the new followers to my blog.  I'm trying to carve out a bit of time every fews days to post, lots happening here and posting is a nice way to organize the stitchy things in my life.  I'll leave you with a couple of pics of my Boo Boo and my Lucy Lu.  Take care!!! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Your stitching is gorgeous and the dogs are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete