Friday, July 16, 2010

Friday finishes

Can you believe that it's Friday again, already?  The Summer is flying by at record speed, I hope that you are enjoying some sort of Summer fun where you are.  We made it through dance camp and boy scout camp (different kids, same week, same town, fifty miles from home, one day camp, one overnight).  Dale took boy scout camp duty and I took dance camp taxi duties and fun was had by all.  Tennessee USA is still running at the Playhouse and the kids do several shows a week, they love seeing the reactions from the various audiences.  And, since sleep and I have been strangers lately, I have some finishes to show you. 
First, I stitched up Blackbird Design's quick little monchromatic design.  I finished it as pin pillow, with a bit of antique lace and a few antique bakelite buttons.   


Next, another Blackbird Designs piece, this one their little Souvenir freebie.  I used two Crescent Colours silks on a hand dyed piece of 40 count and it stitched up quickly.  I finished it as a pillow with a bit of hand crocheted lace and a seed bead trim.  I'll stitch this again, someday, for Di, in a bright turquoise, and finish it with a great piece of turquoise eiffel tower fabric that I have in my stash.  She loves all things French, but this isn't bright enough for her room.
And, finally, my favorite pillow finish, a Carriage House Samplings design, stitched in silk on a 40 count handdyed linen.  I finished it with a couple antique buttons and added a jute rick rack trim which I beaded with seed beads to add a little color to the trim.  It may end up on my dresser as a place to display my antique pins. 
I also did a little stitching this week.  I was feeling nostalgic and did a little poking around in my stash, mainly my old magazines, and I found this little design from Birds of a Feather.  It's just so cute that I had to stitch it.  I will probably finish it into a little patchwork tote for my niece Vivian, the design suits her.
I also finished another piece for Just CrossStitch but I can't show you that yet.  I have to say that I really enjoy reading the stitching blogs and am in awe of the true talent of the many needleartists out there.  I don't comment all that often, but do know that I always feel rewarded when I take a moment to see what my fellow stitchers are creating.  Thank you for sharing! 

7 comments:

  1. Gosh, what fabulous finishes!! I love those pillows, all so beautiful! My favorite is the CHS one...I stitched that design several years ago for a shop model...now I wish I'd kept it!

    That BOAF piece is adorable, I've always wanted to stitch that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following your blog for a little while now, and decided it's about time to say hi. :) I love that Carriage House Samplings bird pillow, it's really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pillows are fabulous. I just love the CHS and the way you finished it. I think I may have to "borrow" the way you finished it.

    happy stitching....can't wait to see what's next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little pillows! They are a great way to show off the design and the fabbies we love, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,

    I like all your little pillows. The finish is really beautiful.

    Greetings
    Anja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful embroidery, perfect finish.
    Mavi.

    ReplyDelete
  7. all your creations are beautiful!!..........mini

    ReplyDelete