Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is here!

It's a beautiful Spring day here in TN and Spring cleaning is in full swing around the Turley household.  My Spring cleaning motto is "Less is more" and I have been repeating it over and over as I sort through cupboards and closets.  I have even ventured into my stitching stash and will be posting lots of things on my ebay and etsy pages over the next several days.  
Colt and Di had their first Trap Shooting tournament of the year on Saturday.  Dale managed a good pic of Di, above (so not looking like my girly girl with her jean mini, black leggings and combat boots) but the camera wouldn't cooperate for a Colt pic so I snatched a recent one from his facebook.  Beautiful weather and everyone had a good time. 


On the stitching front, I finished the barn canvas by Workbasket.  It was a really fun stitch, I went very nontraditional with the background, using a lovely varigated silk, which gives it a patchwork feel.  I plan to finish it as a pillow. 
Then, I started on this lovely rose.  Hard to tell from the pic, but the entire rose is stitched, just the background and the leaves to do.  There is a tiny row of metallic gold to be stitched between the blue and the tan of the background, which should make the golds in the rose pop a bit.  This one will be one of a pair for my mom who loves roses and dislikes anything too fussy.  
In sorting through my stash, I've come across a few things that must get some stitching time, so, I feel a serious case of startitus coming on.  New project pics coming soon.
Hope that you are enjoying the sunshine where you are, thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment