Friday, March 4, 2011

Something new...

I don't know if you've seen the latest Just Crossstitch Magazine, but I have a couple of new designs featured in it.  Spring Garden and Bloom Pincushion are bright, happy designs, perfect if you are itching to stitch for Spring.  There are several nice designs in this issue and I always feel like I am getting a bargain when the magazine I purchase is filled with "must stitch" designs.


In other stitching news, I have been on a needlepoint bender again, I have an almost finish and a couple of new starts which I'll take pics of as soon as I am home long enough to pick up a camera.  We have been running like crazy with Colt and Di's activities. 
 Last weekend was spent in Chattanooga, Colton had a East Tenn String Orchestra Clinic and Performance.  Wonderful performance, really talented 6th thru 9th graders from the eastern side of TN performed.  It's a yearly thing, you have to audition to get invited, I'm so proud of Colt for working hard his first year and getting selected to the advanced orchestra.  Colt plays the concert bass and Di has just started violin lessons and hopes to join Colt in our local string orchestra in the fall.  Solo and Ensemble is next, with Di's Spring dnace performance to follow and a couple of trap shooting tournaments as well. 
While Colt was at his workshop, Di and I got to do a little exploring in Chattanooga.  We had so much fun.  Chattanooga is a college community, with a really outdoorsy vibe.  We were surprised at how many joggers, walkers, bikers, etc. were out and about in the downtown.  It's a very foot friendly place, parks, walking bridges, etc., with lots of wonderful restaurants and neat places to visit.  The people are friendly and nearly everyone we passed said hello or gave us a nod.  We visited a lovely antique mall that made me wish for a bigger house, a needlepoint shop, a funky used book store with tons of modern folk art for sale, a mongholian buffet, a cupcake shop (heaven!) and a fantastic ice cream shop (it's a good thing we were walking).  Colt felt a little left out when Di told him of our adventures (mostly the food part) so we will be scheduling another Chattanooga weekend soon. 
Time for me to get to work, my studio needs a serious spring cleaning, ugh!!!  Have a wonderful weekend, maybe do something fun with someone you love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment