Friday, January 16, 2009

Something in the works




Two posts in one day. I totally forgot about posting my newest "in progress" piece. It is a sampler and it is coming along nicely, I find that I am enjoying the blackwork areas the most. I've not done a lot of blackwork and it is a little like doing a dot to dot. You just count threads and work your way around the fabric following the pattern and the design appears. I'm hoping to get this done in the next couple of weeks, although the outer border, which you can't see, may take little longer. My kids, Colton and DiDi, are in a Suessical production at our local playhouse and I get lots of stitching time in while waiting for them in the green room. :)




Since moving back into the studio, the design side of my mind has switched back on. I have so many new ideas going through my head that I've started keeping a sketchbook with me again. I have several new designs waiting for me to pull threads so that I can get them to my model stitchers. And several that I will have to stitch myself. I'll be posting progress reports and sneak peaks here. I will also be posting some freebies here as well. I just have to figure out how. :) Please be understanding of my limited blogging skills. I'll get better.


2 comments:

  1. Can't wait! I look forward to your progress reports and sneak peeks. And freebies are always good. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary,
    I can't wait to see your new designs!

    I need to get back to the shop and visit, it's been way too long and I need my "fix", lol.

    Great blog :o)

    ReplyDelete